About My Journey

You know that something has to change when you hit rock freakin bottom and you can't stand to see yourself either in the mirror or a highly enhanced, major edited professional photo. This is where I was. God doesn't want me to be like this. I'm meant for so much more. Why am I selling myself short? Join me on my journey through my over all healthier lifestyle!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 1 done!!

Can't believe it but I'm already finished with week 1. I thought it would be the hardest but over all, it hasn't been hard at all! I'm so blessed with the support I've been getting from everyone. It blows me away. People I haven't spoken with in a long time are now sharing with me that they as well are on this journey. Keep it coming is all I can say. It helps so much to know that I'm not alone in this. One person in particular that is my rock is my husband Matt. I can't put into words what he's doing for me. He's taking on some of my "evening tasks" just so I can get my 30 day shred in. I even caught him doing it the other night.... He is so supportive. Last night I had Leeland all by myself because he had to pull an 'all dayer" at the coffee shop but I realized how much of a relief he is when he's away. Here is why... Leeland thinks it's pretty freakin funny when I do my shred in the evening. Whether it's being down on the ground doing abs or looking like a crazy woman doing jumping jacks, she cracks up and wants to come over and pat me on the leg. Let's just say last night I was bouncing all around the living room trying to steer clear of my laughing mini me...

Yesterday was my weigh in day and......drum roll please...... I LOST 5lbs!!!!
I'm so pumped. It was so nice to have my friends around to celebrate with me!

I'm keeping this momentum up to get started on week 2!!

Oh, real quick. So I bought some new shoes. I wore them ALL day Sunday. I'm not exaggerating either. From 7:30 am to 9:00 pm these babies were on. That should count for my daily activity points. Just sayin!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Deena! I started my post-babies (since I have continually gained and kept the pounds with each pregnancy) weight loss journey this week. My goal is to lose 40 lbs. by next July. I'm starting with just diet until Seth is sleeping through the night (hopefully soon!!!) because I have no energy. But I hope to have good news like yours soon!! Keep up the good work!
    <3 Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete